The main objectives of the HiggsTools training programme are
- To educate the next generation of European experimental/theoretical particle physicists.
- To give a firm, broad background in particle physics.
- To offer training in state of the art computational methods used in high energy physics.
- To provide Young Researchers with experience of international collaborative research.
- To establish a scientific ``esprit de corps" which will promote future collaborations.
- To foster the creativity, independence and judgement required for cutting-edge science.
- To expose the Young Researchers to opportunities for interdisciplinary research in particle physics.
- To provide training in complementary skills.
- To produce versatile researchers with experience of research in academia and the private sector and with transferable skills applicable to both sectors.
- To help establish young scientists who are capable of enthusiastically communicating their science to the wider public.
We will achieve these goals through a combination of local and network-wide training.